[extropy-chat] Health data

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Jun 17 05:03:37 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 12:59:19AM -0400, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> ### Damien, at appears that you are not familiar with the actual
> patterns of availability of medical care to the indigent in the US.

Right... I grew up on food stamps.

> This country is spending more on its poor per capita than EU countries
> spend on their regular citizens (which I think is wrong, but this is
> another issue). The poor in the US have a better access to medicine
> than regular Germans have.

"Spending more" isn't better access if it's doled out through emergency
rooms.  I know people who don't go to the doctor for lack of money, or
worry about their drugs.

> The Daily Kos is not a good source of information on medicine, I might add.

I've never mentioned the Daily Kos and in fact don't read it, I might
add.  Why did you feel the need to bring it up?

-xx- Damien X-)