[extropy-chat] Draft Paper on Boredom and Superlongevity.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Jun 21 20:39:37 UTC 2006

I don't believe boredom should be treated as the enemy, although rather
unpleasant boredom is essential for any mind to retain its sanity, be it a
chimpanzee mind or a Jupiter Brain mind. Of course the boredom threshold
must be carefully regulated, too much boredom and you can't concentrate, too
little boredom and you get caught in a infinite loop. I don't see why an
immortal Jupiter brain would be more likely to fall on the too much boredom
side of the line rather than the too little. A billion huge telescopes
looking in a billion directions is not an inherently uninteresting
situation.

  John K Clark