[extropy-chat] AAAS conference on retrocausation

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 23 20:51:20 UTC 2006

At 01:00 PM 6/23/2006 -0700, Jef Allbright wrote:

> > [I'm told that John Cramer announced that
> > backward signaling of c. 50 microseconds might be feasible...]
>
>As for the article, I thought the most meaningful statement in it was
>where it said "this is *incredibly* sloppy", and then I realized that
>must have been written by you.

Indeed. But the stupid thing is the only public report I've been able to find.

>While it's true that many respected scientists would rather not dirty
>their hands with this kind of thing, almost all of them would like to
>see reliable evidence of such anomolous effects.

Leave that aside for a moment. What I find extremely interesting is
that (1) this was an AAAS colloquium, not a Gnostic Mass of the OTO,
and (2) John Cramer of TI fame now thinks there might be retro-causal
effects, however brief. With a lever and place to stand, I reckon
that could be amplified (via cascades, like Thiotimoline*) to
astonishing effect...

Damien Broderick
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiotimoline