[extropy-chat] What Human Minds Will Eventually Do

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:21:25 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at tsoft.com> wrote:

> Well, as Russell has asked me, just how do you intend to spend
> the next trillion or so years (granted that we get lucky) if
> not on mathematics?

While I don't have an actual plan for the next trillion years - I put it
into the category of "wouldn't that be a nice problem to have" :) - it does
occur to me that it would take far, far longer than that to walk down all
possible roads, write all possible books, sing all possible songs, tell - or
live - all possible stories, even assuming we stick to the human-meaningful
subset thereof.