[extropy-chat] Reverse Evolution ?

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 04:13:06 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Herb Martin <HerbM at learnquick.com> wrote:

> > If even Extropians claim that science describes a meaningless world,
> using evolution as the edge of the axe, is it any
> > wonder that people who still want to believe in something worthwhile
> reject evolution? Can you really blame them?
> *No more than I would blame a drug addict for rejecting the *
> *obvious consequences of denying the reality of the continued*
> *use of drugs even when that use is obviously killing the person.*

Killing? Ah, but it is secular Europe that is dying - check the birth rates.
Religion is the only thing still binding human life to this world on a large
scale.

*Such a cry for 'meaning' is merely to blame the messenger (i.e., Science);*
> *if there is no meaning in life then this is not the fault of Science for
> *
> *showing reality -- just the facts, m'am.*

Science does not say there is no meaning in life; it says nothing whatsoever
on the matter. It is the greatest triumph of nihilism to have libelled
science as the bearer of its message.

- Russell