[extropy-chat] Goring a local ox--MetaMeta

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Mar 3 14:14:18 UTC 2006

At 11:21 PM 3/2/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Keith,
>
>While you were away, we kinda developed list fatigue on libertarianism.
>Discussion on this topic is allowed, but everyone keep it smart: post smart
>stuff and be the signal.

Other than using it as an example, the post wasn't about a particular brand
of partisanship.  It was about human psychological traits that (had the
discussion continued) would have tied into our origin as hunter gatherers.

The consequences of our origin and these traits should be of interest to
Extropians.  These psychological mechanisms are the source of great social
energy as evidenced by everything from cults to the cartoon riots.

Extropians and related transhumanists may or may not be able to tap the
traits (it may be impossible to be a fanatic when you understand the origin
of the trait) but we darn sure need to know where they are leading just to
stay out of the way.

The subject is linked to the concerns some on this list have about the
European population dying out.

I wonder using an example so close to the Extropian meme set switched on
some of Minsky's censor agents?

Keith Henson