[extropy-chat] Re Fight for Evolution?

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Fri Mar 3 21:56:38 UTC 2006

> Hold on!  Hold !  On !  I hate smiley faces but there was a big tongue in
> cheek smiley face.  I'm sorry it fell flat.  A person's worth is based
upon
> the effort they put into bettering themselves and those around them.  It
is
> in no way based upon money.  Sorry. My bad joke.

You can't determine a person's worth that easily. In fact, I doubt you can
determine it at all.
For example, suppose a grandchild of someone like Stalin creates a way to
save millions of people from malaria.

I could give further examples, and probably better ones if I had time, but I
think you can see the point.