[extropy-chat] Re Fight for Evolution?

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Mar 3 23:07:38 UTC 2006

At 08:10 PM 3/3/2006 +0100, Amara wrote:

snip

>Sorry, control is an allusion. There are some things that humans can
>do, even more things if they try. But to successfully "control the
>environment" is impossible.

I am sure you mean this in some sense I didn't get, because the one thing
humans are really good at is controlling the environment--back to the days
we started building fires to keep warm.

And one measure of wealth is how much control you have over your
environment.  The wealthy can avoid the worst parts of winter by going
someplace warm.

Keith Henson