[extropy-chat] a.k.a is..

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 8 19:37:38 UTC 2006

Thank you
  Anna

Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
  On 3/8/06, Anne-Marie Taylor wrote:

> Jef Allbright wrote:
>
> >Anne -
>
> >Your words in this post and others are very similar to those of people
> >I've known who have taken a lot of LSD.
>
> >Might this be the case here?
>
> >- Jef
>
> Actually, when I first posted back in October, I had mentioned that I had
> taken LSD (mind you, I said a Drug) for the first time back in June 2005.
> That was the first and only time I ever have.

Thanks for our response. I took LSD three times during a couple of
months around 1979, because I wanted the experience. I spent months
reading all the available literature before deciding to do so. It was
a very valuable experience, but not something I would do
recreationally, because I wouldn't want to take further risks with
scrambling the connections in my brain.

> When I first started to post I was very insecure and somewhat confused at
> the whole situation, now i'm not.

You seem like a friendly addition to the list, and willing to learn.
I like that.

> As for my comment, Samantha was right, it was a stab at someone, which I
> apologize for, I was a little quick on the typing and was upset at
> something.

That helps me understand your AKA post, but I think Samantha was not
referring to you.

> As for the posting regarding my mother, I was! truly interested to know if I
> could explain to her my fascination with Science without confusing her.
> (She's still quite smart, she went back to University when she was 64). I
> only wanted to know if my analogy was way off, that's all.

I do think your analogy was truly way off. Maybe we can discuss it
productively.

> I know I don't have a conventional way about me, I never have, but claiming
> that drugs is my problem is rather harsh. Please keep in mind that my first
> language is english but I write in French.

I like unconventional, and this list is certainly unconventional.

I wonder, is there something about the French language that breeds
pseudo-scientific and postmodernist thought? I'm not sure it applies
to French Canadian, though.

> I'm not going to deny that LSD probably changed me forever but
> I don't think it was a bad thing. I like the reality i'm in right now, i'm
> smarter, more educated and fascinated by it. I'm not going to
> apologize for being different, that's just who I am. I love this list
> and I don't think i'm causing any problems by posting my ideas or
> questions. Feel free to tell me otherwise and I'll keep quiet.

Anna, I'll try to reply to your post about Einstein, gravity and
radiation. Perhaps some of this discussion we could have offlist if
it becomes too lengthy.

I would not ask anyone to keep quiet, as long as they seem to be truly
seeking growth.