[extropy-chat] Crazy Wealthy Space Enthusiasts?

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Mar 9 10:27:24 UTC 2006

Neil H. neuronexmachina at gmail.com :
>Clark Lindsay's HobbySpace (which is also the base site for RLV News, an
>excellent space blog) has pretty much exactly the information you're looking
>for, a listing of various millionaires and billionaires who've devoted money
>to spaceflight efforts. It's in the "Space Angels" section of this page:

>http://www.hobbyspace.com/Active/index.html#Angels

Fantastic. Thanks alot, really. It puts into one page the essential
information I was seeking for the part of the mission for an
alternative way to pay Orbital to finish Dawn. It's a long shot in any
case; nonNASA space agencies are the first choice by the project
managers because that is the approach that they know best (guessing
that this idea is a crazy idea to them too), but I presented an
alternative approach about private funding to finish Dawn, if their
first choice fails.

The number of wealthy-people/genuine-space-geeks listed on that web
page investing in space was astounding to me! Put a smile on my face!

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/