[extropy-chat] Black Holes not -- really Dark Energy Stars?

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:30:55 UTC 2006

George Chapline, Robert Laughlin & others (card carrying physicists) are
proposing that Black Holes may not really exist.  Instead what you have is
"dark energy stars" that have properties very close to those of Black Holes
without some of the problems associated with them.

I'm not sure about it being announced in New Scientist and haven't gone
looking for papers but it sounds like an interesting idea.

I'd like to see a list of the papers this is based on if they have been
submitted.

Robert