[extropy-chat] Recreational Technologies

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 12 20:36:43 UTC 2006

> As a child I  never learned to skate but at age 42, I discovered
> this great improvement to Rollerblade technology and spend four days at
> "skate camp for middle-agers" in Hilton Head.

Agreed, those LandRollers look like lots of fun! I also never learned to
roller skate. My son bought me rollerblades in my late 50s and I go many
Monday evenings to a local indoor rink. Good exercise and good for
balance. There's really no place here for outdoor skating except the
roads: full of holes, gravel, and pickuptrucks driven by folks who might
enjoy squashing me like they do the possums, turtles, coons and snakes...
:(

Balance is very important for longevity, IMHO. For older folks, falls are
a terrible danger and often presage the beginning of the end of active
life.

Regards,
MB