[extropy-chat] stardust discovery

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Mar 18 18:30:01 UTC 2006

A follow-up comment regarding the crystalline silicate in the dust
particle from the Stardust mission. Since it seems that the silicate
can cycle from crystalline to amorphous, other new research confirms
nicely that cycle. My colleague told me that Max-Planck Institute for
Astronomy in Heidelberg had a press release where they found a
sequence of brown dwarf dust changing from amorphous to crystalline.
They compared it with comet Hale-Bopp which has the strongest signals
for crystalline dust. See here:

English
http://www.mpg.de/english/illustrationsDocumentation/documentation/pressReleases/2005/pressRelease20051025/

in German