[extropy-chat] Humor: Extropy and Transhumanism (was jokes fromAmara)

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 00:59:54 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Robert Bradbury wrote:
>
> > an asteroid that you have carefully manipulated so it has stopped
> > rotating and always has one side facing the sun all the time
>

> ~ If one side is facing the sun all the time, then it is rotating.

Allright, yes, its rotating very slowly -- much slower than asteroids
normally rotate.  Presumably Spike is  going to have to position some little
thrusters at various positions around the asteroid to keep it rotating at
precisely that rate in the event that it gets whacked by some lesser
asteroid/meteorite.  If it gets whacked by a non-lesser asteroid/meteorite
Spike probably doesn't have a telescope any more so it doesn't really
matter.

And Natasha's posts were great.  Had me ROTFL.

R.