[extropy-chat] Is Ignorance part of the genes?

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 23 20:21:30 UTC 2006

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
>So, almost by way of mathematical proof, being knowledgeable is better
>because the range of options open to a knowledgeable person is a
>superset of the range of options open to an ignorant.

  I apologize, I probably again didn't ask the question properly.
  I assumed that knowledge and ignorance must be part of the genes because
  some end up being wise while others are very content being ignorant.  I
  was curious to know if sometimes it's easier being content and have
  no stress or being wise and having a lot of responsibilities. (For a
  knowledgeable person  has a super set of the range of options).
  Do you think it is part of our make up or do you think ignorance is
  a choice?

  Anna

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
  Let's put it like that:

If you are knowledgeable, you can choose to act ignorant. For example
I know that I should not drink too much but I can choose to do it
because I like it.

But if you are ignorant you cannot choose to act knowledgeable.