[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain.

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 02:09:53 UTC 2006

Heartland:
>> How many *instances* (not types) of "1" are there in "1+1"?
>> Just give me a number.

John K Clark:
> It is difficult to answer because your question is not entirely clear.

If you know anything about Computer Science this question couldn't be more clear.

John K Clark:
> That said the number you asked for is 1.

So you see a single instance of "1" in "1+1"? Wow! And that was just basic math.
I'm sorry but I refuse to be exposed to any more of this kind of silliness. The
answer is 2. Always.

S.

P.S. I suggest googling for difference between an "instance" and "type" in the
context of OOP.