[extropy-chat] darfur

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 14:37:05 UTC 2006

Okay, it was wrong to single out America.
  What is discouraging is observing countless protesters up close to see so many of them are sentimental for the distant past, they remember or have heard of the protests of decades ago but don't remember or ignore the negative, the heads that were broken & the boredom. Countless hippies who don't remember or were born later don't realize that for every person who danced in the sunshine at Woodstock there was another who was shivering in the mud; they tend to remember the good times and forget the negative. Point is, the counterculture in general-- many of whom participate at protests-- are backward looking. Far too many of the protesters are participating out of nostalgia for a mythologized past, and this is the very thing I've spent decades trying to get away from.