[extropy-chat] darfur

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 04:27:14 UTC 2006

It's not that the cause of those victimized in darfur
is unworthy, it is my five years experience with the
sorts of protesters who attend demonstrations shows
beyond doubt most of the darfur demonstrators care
more about their hairstyles than they do about the
persecuted, unless they happen to have family or
friends in the Sudan.
If it's a pro-marijuana protest you can be sure the
protesters care deeply about the issue or they
wouldn't be there, and though the darfur protest is a
good cause, I want nothing to do with it. We don't
have to feel guilty regarding everything going on;
everytime a sparrow falls from a tree we don't have to
send flowers to its funeral.