[extropy-chat] darfur EP

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed May 3 16:58:12 UTC 2006

At 04:35 PM 5/3/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>On 5/3/06, Keith Henson wrote:
> > Sorry, I was looking at the Northern Ireland figures and don't have the
> > link handy.  They were not broken out to religions IIRC.
> >

>The site you want for Northern Ireland stats is  <http://www.nisra.gov.uk/>
>
>Unfortunately their figures don't agree with your claim either.   :)
>
><http://www.nisra.gov.uk/demography/>
>and click on Vital Statistics.
> >From 1926 to 1965 the birth rate / 1000 population varied around 20-22
>until it peaked in the 1961-65 period at 23 / 1000.
>It then fell fairly steadily in every 5yr period until 1996-2000 when
>it was 13.9 / 1000.
>That's where your 40% reduction memory probably comes from. But it
>wasn't a sudden one-off reduction. It was steadily reducing over a 35
>year period.
>
>This is roughly in line with the steadily falling birthrate for the UK
>as a whole.

I looked the tables and they are not the ones I remembered.  I think I
captured the information, but it would be on another computer.  It was year
by year and not in 5 year blocks.

It would be interesting to plot income per capita, particularly if it could
be broken out by religions.

I think the association between groups that are causing problems and groups
that think they have a bleak future is really high.  Can you think of an
exception?

Keith.