[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain.

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Thu May 4 14:18:00 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Heartland <velvet977 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, Jeffrey, let me end this response with a surprising and depressing
> thought. You have been correct. It occurred to me very recently that we are really
> dying; not constantly, but "from time to time." Funny thing is that I reluctantly
> reached this conclusion using completely different reasoning from yours, based
> instead on my own argument justifying the "death occurs when mind process stops"
> part (i.e., the remaining part of my argument you disagree with). We are dying for
> a different reason but our present subjective experience is indeed a copy's
> illusion. I hate this.

Dear Heartland,

I have been watching this exchange with interest, not for any expected
outcome, but with hope of better understanding the interaction and
possible resolution of incongruent models of reality.

It seems you have just recently experienced an update of your model,
possibly as a result of the debate, and I wonder if you would do me
(us) the favor of describing this experience from your point of view.

It seems to me this question is highly relevent to the Extropy list.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of this request.

- Jef