[extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Thu May 4 18:45:54 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> For example, I should not be credited for the idea of "Jupiter brains."

You aren't in anything I'm responsible for.  I researched this and Perry
agreed that he was probably the source though he was unsure if he heard it
from another source.  (Though many of the references may not work and need
to be relinked, you can get the gist of the history from [1].)  The
Wikipedia entry also doesn't have your name attached... So you can rest easy
Keith :-).

Of perhaps greater concern than the private extropy list from the early '90s
may be the public list over the last decade or so.  As I recall I first
encountered the public list sometime in late '96.  So everything since then
should be available without having to obtain the permission of the authors.

What I particularly miss is the old archives (from mailman?) which I think
were maintained on lucifer.com. I suspect that multiple people may have
these archived.  It is up to someone to provide the space & bandwidth to
make them available. It shouldn't be very much overhead in this day & age.
I suspect the entire list contents for the decade would fit on a CD (or at
worst a DVD).

Robert

1. http://www.aeiveos.com:8080/~bradbury/JupiterBrains/index.html
<http://www.aeiveos.com:8080/%7Ebradbury/JupiterBrains/index.html>