[extropy-chat] Death is irreversible v.1.0

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 14:10:23 UTC 2006

Russell:
"This seems quite clear (though it is not a position I myself hold); it also
implies that you (like the rest of us) are currently under a death sentence (which
you quite reasonably wish to avoid) - with no hope of cryonics providing a reprieve
by your definition."

Russell, if the argument seems clear, and yet it failed to convince you, then it
should be clear to you what is wrong with it. If you know what that is, please
don't hesitate to point that out.

Russell:
"Given that, impressive though the length of this argument has been, would it
not be a more productive use of your time to do everything you can to
further the progress of biological life extension?"

You mean more productive than writing arguments like these? Perhaps arguments like
these will someday help further the progress of biological life extension by
steering that progress in the right direction. One can only hope.

I don't think I like the idea of altering my behavior to appease the ghost of
economics of time management with its goal to maximize productivity in shortest
amount of time. This subgoal may not serve well the goal of maximizing the quality
of my subjective experience (whatever remains of it, that is). I don't know.

S.