[extropy-chat] Death is irreversible v.1.0

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 00:30:56 UTC 2006

Heartland:
> Russell, if the argument seems clear, and yet it failed to convince you,
> then it should be clear to you what is wrong with it. If you know what that is,
> please don't hesitate to point that out.

Russell:
"Sure: you said intelligence is more like a brick than a symphony. It's not;
it's more like a symphony "

Except I didn't say "intelligence," but "mind." What I meant by "mind is more like
a brick" was that mind requires matter so it must have properties of matter, but
it's not *just* matter. It's *matter in time and space.*

(In the next version of the argument I'm definitely dropping the terms like
"object" and replacing "matter in time and space" by a single term to avoid the
confusion with static "matter.")

S.