[extropy-chat] Cryonics questions and uploading

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Tue May 9 22:16:48 UTC 2006

So the brain has mind instances (information, remembering
feelings, experiences, remembered sensations..... in a
moment in space and time...)
And the brain is the matter that directs all these
mind instances.
  Am I understanding this properly?

  Cryonic reanimation may occur in the futur by
"Waking up the mind" from a frozen state.

  Does cryonics also consider the posibility of
removing the brain matter and transfering to a new
body? (Brain transplant).

  >I understand that technology is no where near this posibility just curious to know
>if it's still as feasible as the idea of "waking up the mind".

  Uploading is taking mind instances and transfering
them to a computer.

  I'm assuming this is what i'm doing right now.  Typing
and transfering into a computer. I would assume, in the
futur, this would be done very differently.
What is the general opinion on how this process
will occur?
Won't this only just create a super-computer?

  Again, just want to be sure i'm grasping the basics.
Thanks for the replies
Anna