[extropy-chat] Cryonics questions and uploading

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Wed May 10 17:20:14 UTC 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Heartland wrote:
> Eugen:
> "It is really not very complicated."
>
> Sure, especially when you're oblivious to the real depth of the
> problem. Frankly,
> that was disarmingly naive and simplistic treatment of the issue,
> typical of one I
> would expect from someone who has just recently learned about the
> problem.

You have yet to demonstrate that *you* understand the real depth of
the problem, nor have you provided a compelling and novel argument.
This topic has been discussed and argued ad nauseum for over a decade
on this list, from many different perspectives and with far more
theoretical rigor than you are bringing to the table.  Ignorance of
history does not make it any less real for the people that lived it.

As far as I can tell, your argument is just a badly worded rehashing
of discussions that have already happened here numerous times, and
you have been unable to demonstrate otherwise despite the saintly
patience of many people.  I know for a fact that many of the people
you are disagreeing with most certainly did *not* "just recently
learn about the problem".  Stop trying to explain away your poor
reasoning by accusing everyone else of being ignorant n00bs.

You may not be aware of it, but to a lot of people on this list you
dug a dusty old turd out of the attic that we recognize (because we
put it in the attic) and are trying to pass it off as something
fresh, new, and wonderful.  Do not tell us it is not a dusty old
turd, show us; that Jedi mind trick crap won't work here.

J. Andrew Rogers