[extropy-chat] Google Trends and technology interest

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:14:57 UTC 2006

It is interesting (at least to me) to note where Google Trends is indicating
most of the queries for nanotechnology [1], artificial intelligence [2],
molecular biology [3], human genome [4], aging [5], singularity [6] and
neural network [7] are coming from.  It is also interesting to note when
significant variations in the query requests (aging for example) do not seem
to correlate well with news items.

As an aside I'll also note they are trend tracking the "conversion" requests
-- strange to consider that "miles in meters" gives quite different results
from "miles in km".

Is this "artificial intelligence" or something entirely different?
What other trends of extropic interest can be found?

Robert

1. http://www.google.com/trends?q=nanotechnology
2. http://www.google.com/trends?q=artificial+intelligence
3. http://www.google.com/trends?q=molecular+biology