[extropy-chat] privacy rights

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat May 13 02:19:08 UTC 2006

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Zero Powers
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

...It's been a while since I've posted to the list, although I have
continually monitored it for several years now...

Zero Powers!  Cool man, welcome back!  We missed you bud.  It's great to see
old friends drop in again.  {8-]  Hey I still owe you a sushi dinner.  Don't
remember why, but it doesn't matter, so long as there are raw squiggly
beasts to be devoured in absurdly self-indulgent quantities.

  I'm surprised and disheartened to hear that ExI is no more, but I'm sure
the Board must know what's best for the institute and that gives me comfort.

... I and others engaged in a number of very thought provoking
discussions/debates concerning the inevitability and benefits of societal
transparency...Zero

Do restart this thread if you wish, Zero.  Someone will hafta sign up to
take Mike's place on the privacy rights extreme, and I will be the openness
advocate again, altho I am far less extreme on that issue than I once was.
Having a baby on the way does change one's perspective on openness.