[extropy-chat] Microsoft (was: singularity conference at stanford)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 16 09:53:16 UTC 2006

On 5/16/06, Samantha Atkins wrote:
<snip>
> Success?  Many things are widely done that are not something that is
> actually good.  Outlook as a mail system has some serious flaws.
> That is merely factual.   If Outlook is screwing up on perfectly
> reasonable standards compliant mail then Outlook is at fault.  I
> don't know enough about the particulars of this case to be sure this
> is the case in this instance.  But it will not do to accuse people of
> Microsoft bashing just for stating the problem may be with Outlook.

(Outlook Express mail system is free, the full Outlook Organiser
system is the one that businesses pay money for).

I've moved all my higher volume mail lists to Gmail. Gmail via Firefox
reads Eugene's mails fine in Linux and windows. Even though I only
keep about one month's mails, gmail is still storing around 50MB for
me that would otherwise be cluttering up my hard drive.  Webmail also
means that I can check my emails from any internet pc.

John, any gmail user can send you an account invite if you want to try it out.
(You can also upload existing OE emails to gmail to free up disk space).

BillK