[extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 13:20:40 UTC 2006

Heartland:
> It sounds to me like you don't have much faith in hard take-off. Is this
> correct?

Russell:
"In the same way that I don't have much faith in dowsing, perpetual motion
machines and God needing a lot of money sent to a certain box number, yes."

Okay, then what about faith in the evidence suggesting that intelligence is
powerful over time and that more intelligence can accomplish much more in less time
(e.g., humans accomplish more in less time than less intelligent animals)?

H.