[extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 22:25:29 UTC 2006

Was going to stop at three posts, but had to reply to this, Samantha. World government may be turn out to be the only way to secure a survivable peace; now I am not personally saying it is the only way-- but some do rationally make such a case.
  As I wrote to Russell in a private message, if someone wrote, "world government is our only hope", you might not like the 'our' included in this statement at all.
  Every time I have mentioned world government to libertarians, they have grimaced and raised their voices. They made it clear 'our' does not apply to them in any way concerning government, yet they are as you say humans living on this planet and who knows what it will take to secure a peace that will protect our survival as a species. I don't know and neither do you.

>Are you a human being on the planet at this time? Then "our" in this instance applies >to you. My politics and your opinion of same has zip to do with the truth of that.
>samantha

"information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not..."