[extropy-chat] hope you can comprehend

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 01:03:38 UTC 2006

Agreed, but no one, outside of cryonics enthusiasts, that I personally have talked to has said reanimation is feasible; that's all. No biggie, merely slightly discouraging. Look, only came to this list because I once asked a professional (who has since died) if Extropy consisted of libertarians. He replied "no they are all kinds" and added one shouldn't give up so easily. But Keith Henson loses his temper calling the post 'troll bait'.
  See this is why I don't want to be at all seriously involved.

            This is just plain silly.
  Even if all science says you can't be "brought back", it's still a better shot than being preserved and buried the normal way.

  There is absolutely no way, now, to eliminate the possibility that technology may, someday, be able to reconstruct a human being even down to the microcellular level, even if the original model is a frozen head with all of its cells shatteredy by ice crystals.

  But I think we can safely eliminate any chance of reconstructing someone who was buried in a cemetary.

  --
Words of the Sentient:
  'Need' now means wanting someone else's money.

E-Mail: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
Yahoo Messenger/AIM/AOL: KazVorpal
MSN Messenger: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
ICQ: 1912557
http://360.yahoo.com/kazvorpal

"information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not..."