[extropy-chat] chess and lizards

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu May 18 05:52:38 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> >
> > Hipsters, does the term "lizard" have some new
> > meaning other than the reptile, some political meaning?  spike
>
> Yes, Spike, there is a British pseudo-celebrity named
> David Icke who was once a world famous soccer champion
> but is now trying his hand at politics on the platform
> that the world's most powerful politicians are really
> a conspiracy of reptillian aliens in human disguise...

OK I was thinking it might have something to do with a Douglas Adams' "So
Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" line about "Take me to your lizard."
Here I will confess that I am not a true techno-wizard, but merely rather
only the lower ranking techno-geek wannabe, for I never really did see what
was so funny about Douglas Adams.  Amusing, but not fall on the floor
laughing funny.

> Kudos BTW to Eliezer for keeping abreast
> of fringe-nutter politics. Sorry no one else got your
> reference. :) Stuart LaForge

The reference might have been accidental; perhaps Eliezer will comment
further.  I will not for this is my fifth and last post of the day.

Thanks guys, lotta good commentary going on ExI today and yesterday.  Lee is
back, Anders is back, Ian Goddard, J.Andrew, Eli and Keith are posting, I
saw something from our much missed Amara, Gene isn't having to kick anyone's
butt, people are not jumping each other's cases, ahh life is gooood.  {8-]

What were we doing wrong before?