[extropy-chat] Economic consensus on immigration

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu May 18 05:02:33 UTC 2006

At 06:47 PM 5/17/2006 -0700, spike wrote:

snip

>One aspect of libertarianism that I always choked on was the notion of open
>borders.  To this day I still can't quite see how such a policy could ever
>work.

Simple.

All you need to do is make all locations equally attractive.

The main reason people come to the US is that it is more attractive than
where they are.

Most of the reason is that there are too many people for the resources of
the region.

I am working on a novel set in a world where the AIs (and/or uploaded
humans) have engineered removing 99 plus percent of the population from the
world.

Posted the explanatory chapter (in 4 parts) to the sl4 list where it
elicited no on list comment whatsoever.

Immigration from Mexico will stop when is it equally miserable on both
sides of the border.

Keith Henson