[extropy-chat] Microsoft

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu May 18 16:59:23 UTC 2006

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com>

> Microsoft Outlook is a *deliberate effort* to warp accepted standards

The trouble is that the people who have accepted these wonderful "Accepted
Standards" are in the MINORITY, most people use a different standard and
this is a problem especially for a communication standard. I'm sure
Esperanto is a very well made language but as nobody uses it the thing is
useless.

> in order to force people to adopt Microsoft Outlook

Your "accepted standard" people tried to force people to do one thing and
Microsoft tried to force people to do something else, like it or not
Microsoft won and proved to be the stronger, and there is no point in
pretending otherwise.

  John K Clark