[extropy-chat] Meta, flame bait was hope you can comprehend

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri May 19 05:09:32 UTC 2006

At 10:16 PM 5/18/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>I take issue with my post being dismissed as "leakage".

It wasn't *your* post, Joseph, it was the guy who has said to me in private
email that he has left the list.

>To my mind, it was a legitimate response to a legitimate criticism of
>cryonics. Sorry, Keith, if you think that such criticism is unwarranted
>and deserving of summary censorship.

Oh, I agree that your response was legit, and said I appreciated it.  It is
just that the original post was intentionally provocative--for this list.

>I chose to respond, and I don't think doing so was in any way
>contributing to any degredation of the list's signal-to-noise ratio.
>Indeed, I might say your response, and this one I'm replying to now,
>might fit into that category.

Yes and no.  The current topic is at the meta level.  I.e., how do you
respond to what looks like intentional provocation?

>Last I'm saying on the subject.

It is a long standing problem.  One way it was solved can be seen on the
cryonics list.  Worth considering I think.

Best wishes

Keith