[extropy-chat] off topic

ilsa ilsa.bartlett at gmail.com
Mon May 22 07:21:38 UTC 2006

 butterfly mind:
have you ever wondered what all the fuss is about meditation? you might have
looked into the early days of the 'relax response' promulgated by herbert
benson at harvard or all the sweetly iced varieties fanned out by the new
age to the serious study of the mind by Buddhists and the Abraham religions
contemplation plans for self knowledge..  did you see the film, 'what the
bleep do we know'?   thoughts as well as the mind are now being looked over
by hard scientists all over the world.  hospitals are offering meditation
before surgery to aid in the healing process.  what has hard science taught
us about nerve ganglion's  function in the chemistry of thought?  where is
the origin of thoughts and what is their path through our minds, into our
bodies and out to the atmosphere.  where do thoughts land? how do we direct
our thoughts?   the brain generates 85 thoughts per second.  let us get a
handle on this process.
i have studied for many years spending a short time at harvard as well as
serious time with both religious leaders and scientists.  bring your
questions and be ready to go to the GYM for YOUR BRAIN.  i have formulated a
few steps for your progress on this journey.

where is lobsang samten?

On 5/21/06, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Ilsa, please reread what you wrote, then explain.  Everything past
> "lobsang
> samten" threw me.  I remain thrown.  Honest pal, your style requires a
> certain amount of concentration.  {8-]  spike

don't ever get so big or important that you can not hear and listen to every
other person.   john coletrane
www.mikyo.com/ilsa
http://rewiring.blogspot.com
www.hotlux.com/angel.htm