[extropy-chat] no electronics at Singularity Summit???

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue May 23 22:04:06 UTC 2006

I wear a bluetooth headset so I am handsfree.  If something needs
more of my attention I tell the caller to hang on.  No big deal.  For
most of us around 95% of the time we are driving the actual driving
has very little of our attention as most of the non-emergency stuff
is largely semi-automated behavior.  So I see no reason that in these
rather boring lag times we should forego conversation with physical
or virtually present people.

- samantha