[extropy-chat] Most star systems are single

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon May 29 14:11:24 UTC 2006

On 5/29/06, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> btw, Robert and I wrote on the cosmicvariance thread about searching for
> life last week, see:
>
> http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/05/24/further-away-from-the-lamp-post/

I know.  Thanks for pointing out the references that you did.  I've already
added a couple of comments to it.  But I'm not going to monitor it and get
into long debates.  The papers are available, the ideas are out there, those
who want to learn about them will discover them.  You have to keep in mind
that I spent significant fraction of several years educating myself in these
areas (nucleosynthesis, material properties, gravitational microlensing, IR
astronomy, etc.) and converting a significant fraction of the ETI literature
into a large hyperlinked database.  Given the other things I could be doing
engaging in long discussions with people who are unfamiliar with that
knowledge base isn't even close to a productive use of my time :-( (?).

Robert