[extropy-chat] [ASTRO] Stars and X-Rays

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue May 30 14:12:59 UTC 2006

Amara (or anyone else): I think I've read, somewhere, that the Sun is
fairly low in X-ray output, not just compared to M-stars or O-stars but
even to other G-stars, though I've never seen why.  Does this sound
familiar, and you expand upon or correct it?  It's probably come up in
the context of colonizing other star systems, but I thought it might
also have a role in the Great Filter, in the category Robin didn't talk
about his essay: mass extinctions, or the things which didn't happen on
Earth, vs. the hard (or not) things whihc did.

-xx- Damien X-)