[extropy-chat] Survival tangent.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Nov 1 16:59:54 UTC 2006

Heartland, High Priest of the Unique Atom and Sacred Original Cult Wrote:

> Again. I've always assumed that, by definition, "identity" can have at
> most one referent.

Well that's exactly the trouble with your argument; you're assuming the very
thing you're trying to prove.

> Are you really saying that we can stretch the meaning of this word to
> include more than one thing?

It's amazing, armchair philosophers try to tackle deep problems without the
slightest nod to the revolution in physics over the last century, you're
arguing as if it's 1906 not 2006. But even in 1906 you should have know
better, even then you should have known that more than one thing could be
fast or beautiful or red or small or Heartland.

In closing let me ask you a very simple question: do you believe the
Heartland of yesterday has continued into today? I'm not even asking you if
he did or not, all I want to know is if you believe that he did. I don't
need nine paragraphs of bafflegab as a response, a simple yes or no will do.
I mean.... you must know if you believe it or not.

   John K Clark