[extropy-chat] Survival tangent (was Just curious, it's not natural!)

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 2 08:23:08 UTC 2006

Tue Oct 31, Jef Albright wrote:
>So you appear to be saying that it follows from (1)
>that a set of values, beliefs and memories
>distributed throughout a set of persons is equivalent
>to a set of values, beliefs, and memories associated
>with a single person.  Again this would be the
>fallacy of the undistributed middle.

I can't seem to grasp this dispute.  I believe that
there have been very minor groups that have set
values, beliefs and memories and that have
historically changed the meme belief but I don't
recall reading that "one" particular "single person"
ever changed anything.  Am I not understanding the
conversation? Please let me know.

Just curious, thanks
Anna:)

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is
nothing if the audience is deaf."
--  Walter Lippman