[extropy-chat] You must be willing to give up everything - the selfidentity quest

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 05:28:41 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

<to David>
>  For me personally, it would help if you
> would use a format that doesn't come across as a sales pitch.  For example,
> if you were to make some statement (preferably something novel, insightful
> or controversial within the context of the extropy list), and follow it will
> some concise supporting statements and perhaps a statement as to why others
> might see it as significant.
>
> By doing so, I think you would be very likely to get a meaningful response.
>
> - Jef

I agree with the above, and add to it that all the HTML formatting and
yellow highlighting makes it very hard for me to bring my attention to
bear.

It's rather like flashing text on a web page. My first several
impulses are to do away with the visual clutter -- by not reading it.

I recommend that you find your voice, speak simply and boldly -- and
perhaps more people will hear.

--
      Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m

'Piss off, you son of a bitch. Everything above where that plane hit
 is going to collapse, and it's going to take the whole building with it.
 I'm getting my people the fuck out of here."
   -- Rick Rescorla (R.I.P.), cell phone call, 9/11/2001