[extropy-chat] the self identity quest - reply to Jef

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 00:18:04 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, david ish shalom <davidishalom1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do recommend to you Jef and others who really want to check this option
> of info survival to review carefully my work albeit its imperfection. I am
> sure you could gather something there. My motivation to spread this notion
> of info-resurrection comes from my realization that for this procedure to be
> practical and instrumental, it has to gather some social and memetic
> spreading. I will be thankful if  you can issue more concrete remarks to
> be answered.

Why does it have to gather any such thing? You're just talking about text,
pictures, sound and video, which we already have the technology to store.
Just get a nice big chunk of web space and start uploading everything about
yourself (and whoever you want to preserve who will consent to such) that
you can get hold of. Lead by example.