[extropy-chat] META: HTML posts

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Nov 11 13:09:59 UTC 2006

Damien wrote:

> http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html is a decade old
> and *too* strict; e.g., requests "a mono-spaced font (as opposed to
> proportionally spaced)," which is now silly, but does sensibly say:
> "and avoid anything other than the most basic text you can use to get
> your message across."

I don't use monospace any longer, but if you're trying to send something that has
columns or an ascii pic monospace sure makes a *big* difference! :)))

Now my best bet for reading such posts is to edit/copy/paste them into a text file
and look at them with monospace.  Usually not worth the trouble, though.

I changed ISP when it became clear that my old one no longer offered plain text as
an email option. My email lists and contacts were too important to inflict html with
vari-colored quote bars instead of ">" on them.

I hope my stuff comes out ok now. I don't get to see it as others do! :)))

Regards,
MB