[extropy-chat] Fwd: Calvin and Memes (was Memes and Identity)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 21:20:32 UTC 2006

At 03:43 PM 11/12/2006 -0500, Robert wrote:

>Ok, I'll use RCNPFUEM from now on when I'm talking about the topic
>of internal neural patterns that behave like memes.

Neuremes? Or hexemes (since Calvin's neural gadgets are hexagons)? Or
ideomemes (they're idea-memes)? Or idiomemes (they're proliferating
one-offs)? (Fred Jameson, Marxist literary theorist of note, coined
"ideologemes" as persistent structural components of social thought patterns.)

Damien Broderick