[extropy-chat] Buying votes. [Was: ... Vote Early!]

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 04:48:27 UTC 2006

Hey cool, we have some actual numbers on that US election last week:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Scroll to the bottom.  I added up the numbers on the various pollsters and
found something interesting: from their pre-election polls, seven of the
eight agencies predicted the republicans would do better than they did.
Only Polimetrix overestimated the democrat-ward swing.  Zogby missed by a
mile.

Quinn was almost right on in total, but interesting to note that they
predicted more republican for every state except Florida, in which they
over-predicted democrat-ward enough to nearly cancel all their other errors.

This is another data point in favor of the contention that elections tend to
come out to the left of where the pre-election polls would predict.