[extropy-chat] secular heaven awaits extropes

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Nov 14 06:22:02 UTC 2006

Keith writes

>>I looked at the first two:
>>
>>      http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus1.html
>>      http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus2.html
>>
>>Surely I am not the only person who "doesn't get it". The first
>>is some kind of fantasy revenge going on in a little girl's mind,
>>perhaps, or.... something?
> If you don't notice her not touching the ball, it wouldn't make sense.

That's it!   I failed to see that she had special powers.

BillK writes

> ...much of modern TV 'comedy' (a few exceptions, of course)
> seems to have kept the swearing, sexual material, cruelty and
> general nastiness, but forgotten about the 'funny' part of comedy
> routines.

Hopefully that doesn't apply to these comics under discussion :-)

> Modern TV 'comedy' does appear to be popular with the under 35 age
> group. But this may be taken as a judgement on that age group. Being
> 'different' doesn't mean 'better'.

Yeah, you have to keep that in mind.

Eliezer wrote

> 1)  What makes you think any of this takes place in Minus's *imagination*?

Pure desperation.  It wasn't making sense till today, when Keith pointed out she
wasn't touching the balls.

Now I have to figure out why the old couple had a snowball coming from
the "little miracle that will save Earth", sigh.

Lee