[extropy-chat] non-radiative wireless energy

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Thu Nov 16 11:59:29 UTC 2006

I usually tend to bunch this kind of stuff together with people believing
Tesla solved all our problems at the turn of the century, but this time it
seems to be some good physics behind it. I found this paper by Soljacic:

http://eprintweb.org/S/article/physics/0611063

Interesting approach of using evanscent tails, and it looks like it might
work nicely even when there are other dielectric objects around. What I
find lacking is an analysis of what happens when conducting objects get
close.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics