[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Nov 20 23:14:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 23:02 +0000, ben wrote:
> "Robert Bradbury" <robert.bradbury at gmail.com> said:
>
> > If we cannot make good judgements now, how can we be expected to make
> > them in the future?
>
> I though this was a rather odd thing for a transhumanist to say.
> Don't you expect your ability to make good judgements to improve in the
> future?

It seems to me that I have the "ability to make good judgements", at any
rate better judgements than I appear to make by my actions, now.  It is
not at all clear that simply a much faster brain with vastly more
capacity and wondrous capabilities for self-examination and change will
automatically result in better judgements in practice.

- samantha