[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 25 12:45:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 05:30:11PM -0700, Thomas wrote:

>    It's not a war, at least not our war.  Why make it worse?   Their
>    civil war is none of our business.  We don't need the oil.  We have
>    hydrogen.  The Grand Oil Party has overstayed it's welcome.  Immediate

We don't have hydrogen, yet. We do have synfuel technology, which
can take biomass or coal (or gas or oil), and which is a good
entry into the hydrogen as energy currency.

However, fossil volatility prevents long-term commits (investments
into infrastructure), so it would need regulation (price ratchet,
implemented by a tax) in order to work.

And clearly, given the numbers like http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=182
($345176937000, and counting) such investments into renewable
energy sources would clearly have a much better ROI than killing
a large number of people, and ruining a country already damaged
by prior meddlings.

And I don't have to remind people about numbers like
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
(nevermind personal debt, which is some 85 k$/household)
and that debt interest is an exponential function.

Due to nature of fiat currencies with crooks behind the printing
press and exponential nature of interest the growing gap between
physical value and numerical value gets periodically readjusted.
Given by the wideness of the gap, the coming readjustment seems
to dwarf the 1930s one. I recommend bring your personal affairs
in order soonish, or risk losing a lot. Not just wealth.